John, the main problem here is that many people (I think it is many, but
I may be wrong) may be willing to go that extra-buck and stretch
themselves as far as to buy 5DMkII or D700 or A900. This is what I would
definitely do now if I had Canon, Nikon or Sony/Minolta equivalent of
lenses that I have in Pentax mount. I can easily admit that I should
very much like to have a full frame camera or alternatively to buy into
the system that delivers the promise of small and light gear with
excellent image quality (read - Olympus bodies with potentially Leica
lenses).

So I would go as far as to predict that all these full frame cameras are
going to be selling really well. The multitude of recent announcements
and the lowering of prices seems to be in line with my understanding.
Naturally, it is driven by marketing departments of respective players.

Some time ago, it has been written in the news that Pentax managed to
grab the third spot in the list of top selling manufacturers (don't ask
me what market exactly it was, I just don't remember). The question that
invites to be asked is whether Pentax will manage to hold on to that spot.

To tell you the truth, the recent news about manufacturing facilities
being completely moved out of Japan does make me feel somewhat nervous.
Yes, indeed, my gear is fine and it is shooting straight and going
strong, but quite recent accident with that FA 43 lens that I had last
year clearly indicates that no matter how good, my gear is not going to
last forever, you know.

Boris