On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 03:28:37PM +0300, Boris Liberman wrote:
> Adam, IMO there is no immediate need for the camera between K-m and
> K20D. What is desperately needed, is camera (way) above K20D. For now,
> Pentax is lagging behind Sony, Nikon, and Canon in this respect.

I'm really not convinced.  I've worked for a company (Apollo computer)
that poured a significant sum of R&D money into developing a flagship;
money that was never recovered from sales of the high-end model.
Meanwhile the competition (Sun) cleaned up selling mod-range systems.

I personally would like to see something a little above the K20D, but
from a bottom-line perspective I'm not sure that anybody except Nikon
and Canon can afford to develop really high-end systems (even if you
accept the questionable proposition that having the top-of-the-line
model really does increase sales of the entry-level bodies; I don't
think the person who buys a D50, say, cares about the D3, as long as
there is a D300 to aspire to).