Hello Boris,

Very well put.  I was waiting to see what would come out of
Photokina.  Unfortunately, what I see is more of the same.  More and
more low end bodies and nothing above the middle.  Some day, they
ought to get caught up with the bottom, since that is mostly what
they have been producing.

It certainly doesn't give me much excitement.  Still with the K10D
and not sure where I'll head.  The investment in the system certainly
leans me towards hanging around and seeing what will eventually
happen..but I'm not excited at this stage.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

Monday, September 22, 2008, 7:18:51 AM, you wrote:

BL> Paul, I understand you very well. But admit it, K20D is in no way a
BL> competitor to A900, D700 or 5DmkII. As such, it is indeed an upgrade
BL> from K10D but marketing-wise it does not move upwards on the class
BL> ladder; it remains the mid-level camera for advanced photography
BL> connoisseur such as yourself.

BL> I am not speaking that much about technology here. I am speaking more
BL> about the perspective that common consumers are getting about Pentax.
BL> Even Oly E-3 has significant hype about it being the so-called
BL> professional offering from Olympus A.K.A. 4/3 system. No matter how
BL> good Pentax K20D is, it is not (marketing) positioned at the same
BL> level. Or even if it is, it is not perceived as such.

BL> That's been my point here.

BL> I still maintain that K10D is a darn good camera and a pleasure to work
with.