On Oct 6, 2008, at 5:22 PM, Cotty wrote:

There's a really simple way to avoid iPhoto and manage your pictures
manually, with no hindrance from iPhoto, and you still get to see your
pics using 'Preview' (a small application that lets you view pictures
that comes with the OS).

FWIW the built-in Quick Look feature is very good if you have 10.5 (Leopard).

You can use Preview to make simple adjustments (eg resize, rotate). Anything more than that and I'll use Photoshop so iPhoto is a bit redundant for me too.

- Dave