On Oct 13, 2008, at 08:10 , Anthony Farr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

BTW the Robert Johnson portrait is without a doubt the same picture that has
been massaged so that it fits better onto a postage stamp.

Regards, Anthony

You obviously missed my post on this image, Tony.

Different background, different angle on guitar neck,
different chord
fingering on the guitar, shirt open at the top, not closed. Possible

in Photoshop, but that's a lot to do, even for a stamp. Maybe
the guy
moved for the photographer to a different place nearby and put down

the butt. Just as plausible.

As far as the Kruschev photo that was referenced, I had never seen it from that angle before, and a google search indicates that the image in question was doctored. The original just shows a raised open fist. However, the whole incident was televised and recorded by the media, and probably by several United Nations photographers. It was most certainly not a 'fake' staged or doctored event.

Joseph McAllister
Pentaxian