One way to keep using old software on newer operating systems is to
install a virtual machine onto which you install the older OS and
associated software.

On my Ubuntu Linux installation I've installed Virtual Box in which I
run Windows 2000 and Photoshop 6.

It works well, provided your computer has sufficient memory to run 2 OSs
at the same time (my machine has 1GB) and provided you have the older
operating system available.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters