Alan wrote:

>At least mine was hopelessly soft at wide open near infinity. Brokeh was
>horrible at near infinity too.

Like Alan I replaced my FA* 85/1.4 with the 77 Limited and don't regret it.
One thing was the lack of sharpness of the 85 wide open, worse was the fact
that you need to stop the lens down to F:4 to get acceptable, but nothing
to write home about, results. It wasn't really razor sharp until F:8 at
infinity distances. In my opinion the 85/1.4 is not a great choice for
low-light landscape.
The 77 Limited is basically sharp at all apertures although it's hard to
focus near infinity mark due to the fact that it focuses past infinity and
the small error margins at such narrow DOF. The 77 also has a bokeh to die
for...

Pål