> There's a particular former editor of a
> national photo magazine who was, and may still be, very interested in
> acquiring this lens.

Yo! Present.

Actually, I like almost all short teles. It seems to be the easiest focal
length to design and the hardest to screw up. The compact 85/2s from several
lines have less than stellar reputations, probably because they are small,
inexpensive, and not exotic, but I like them anyway--this includes the
Olympus OM Zuiko 85/2 and the Nikkor AIS 85/2, both of which are physically
similar to the SMCP-M 85/2 and both of which are fine little lenses.

And don't forget, I'm particular--Shel said so.

<g>

--Mike