I would have a very difficult time picking between the 85/1.4 FA and the
77/1.8 Limited.

I think what it would come down to for me would be the superior handling of
the Limited lens. It's less than half the weight of the f/1.4 plus hood,
it's considerably smaller, and it focuses closer--2.3 feet vs. 2.8, a big
difference in an 85mm. Also, the 77mm balances better on most Pentax cameras
cameras and is easier to focus manually.

I also like short teles that are a bit shorter--I like 85mms marginally
better than 90mms, for instance, and both better than 100mms--and the 77mm
is a bit cheaper.

I think all those things tilt the balance in favor of the 77mm...but then
the 85mm f/1.4 is nearly unparalleled as a portrait lens when considering
only the quality of the pictures. That's what makes it such a difficult
decision.

--Mike