----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Blakely" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> #1. The only real sources acceptable for proof or disproof are source
data
> (by you or me).

What do you mean?  If you mean yours or my original research then
there's no point in debating any issue with you, because you have
unilaterally banned all external statistics.  Was the souce data for
your later extrapolated numbers your personal source data?  I doubt it
but you hypocrited yourself by using them.  It sounds more like an NRA
ploy to exclude statistics that embarrass them and point out their
falsity.  Anyway, I'll trust my country's Bureau of Crime Statistics
(which is an administrative body not part of any political organization)
infinitely more than I would trust USA's National Rifle Association
(which is a self-interested lobby group)

> #3. Political sources are most often more biased than lobby groups
(either
> way).

The Bureau of Crime Statistics is ~not~ a political group, see above.

> #4. a. The issue is ....... (extrapolations and rationalisations
snipped)

I'll believe the ~reliable~ statistics from Australia's BCS, thanks.
The NRA has an agenda to promote private ownership of needlessly
powerful weapons.  They have ~proven~ their capacity to produce false
"facts" in support of their case.  If you wish to believe them then do
so, you are free and it is your right.  I am also free and have
extremely wide freedoms, 'though the NRA would tell you otherwise.
Australia ~is not~ a police state even if the NRA has used that term to
describe us (more lies).

Regards,
Anthony Farr

PS: Please send any reply/response via private e-mail, that way only I
will need to bin it, rather than every list-member.  More importantly,
that way my country will not be futher publicly insulted by lies.