On Dec 28, 2008, at 10:15 AM, Adam Maas wrote:

I'd think the Summicron 40/2 would make a smaller and lighter package
on the G1 than either of the Pentax 40's. Of course, the SMC-M would
work on your L1 and E-1 and the 'Cron wouldn't.

I agree ... I was just responding to someone else's thought.

The Summicron-C 40/2 and Nokton 40/1.4 are very similar in size, weight, and imaging qualities from the examples I've seen, and the Nokton sells new for less than the Summicron-C does used.

I had the Summicron-C 40/2 when I owned the Leica CL: it was a very nice performer.

Godfrey