In a message dated 12/16/2001 7:57:30 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I'd be very careful about any K2 however, since their electro-mechanical
> shutters are no longer supported by Pentax.  I was told that once they fail
>
> they're unusable in Auto mode [unless you can find a repair shop with the
> right parts].

A couple of questions (I have a pair of working K2s) -
- Your comment implies that the electro capability can fail but the
mechanical will still work in manual mode - true or false?
-Wouldn't the same be true of other Pentax models?

Regards,
Ed M.