In a message dated 12/22/01 8:25:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> IMHO, this exactly the reason that I would *not* want to use this
>  feature! I can't think of anything worse than suddenly being stopped from
>  shooting - fiddling with the dial could result in a lost picture.

Hello Cotty,
I saw it exactly your way when I first started using the MX + motor drive for
covering youth soccer games.  But as my technique improved and I began to
anticipate the action better, I was able to get the shot I wanted within a
five frame burst.  Then, as the action shifted, I simply reset before the
next flurry began somewhere else on the field.  Resetting is no big deal;
just roll the thumb wheel to the desired number.  I don't think Pentax had
this application in mind when they developed this feature.
I understand the LX motor drive has the same feature, although I don't know
this first hand.
Regards,
Bob