Joseph McAllister wrote:

I wonder what my cat is thinking when she sits on my chect with her paws on my shoulder and purrs while I stroke her back? The fact that she starts kneading my hair and drooling into it have anything to do with thoughts of taking a spine severing bite out of my neck some day?

:-)

More likely she's trying to figure out where she might find a nipple that actually gives milk! :-) I read somewhere that the pawing motion is called "mewling" and mimics the behaviors kittens use when nursing. It's supposed to be part of their dichotomous view of us as both "alpha/mother" and "youngster in need of training".

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)