Allison Trueman wrote:
I have heard that too about the kneading...but mine after kneading will start grooming me (seriously, she tries to lick my hair) and then she bites the hell out of my scalp. And of course, she always decides to do this around 3am. she also brought me a dead chameleon in bed once, it was actually my Christmas present. Bad Cat.

That's part of the "youngster needing training" behaviors, from what I've read. In the case of the kneading, you're the mother; the grooming, you're the kitten. Bringing the dead prey home is them trying to train you to be a good hunter. Or so some animal psychologists claim.

I must admit that I can believe it, after living with cats for the last 40 years. (Dear God, I'm /old/). I have two cats at the moment. They're the same age within a month. One is very street wise, a quintessential housecat, and she rules the house (a 5 pound female). The other one is a 15 pound male monster that thinks he's a puppy. He follows me around like a puppy, he needs attention like a puppy, he plays fetch like a puppy, and he thinks he rules the roost. Thank the Lord he doesn't eat and crap like a puppy. :-) He's also got a notch in his ear from the little one.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)