On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 12:47:26PM -0600, William Robb wrote:

# As I just discovered recently, storing digital files on CDs for more than a
# few years can be pretty iffy, even when using top end equipment and media.

A few years ago I thought about that problem and since film is much
better on on archival basis, thought about ways to print out the
digital files onto large format film (4x5?) possibly with both digital
and analog encoding. Aiming for maximum reliability, not compression,
possibly encoding each pixel in an area about 100 times the
requisite.

But, who would pay $10 a frame to archive their shots like that, when
disk space is $100 per TB and getting cheaper?

--
        It's not the steps in the dance, it's the dance in the steps.
Larry Colen             l...@red4est.com            http://www.red4est.com/lrc