On 3/3/09, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
>  In short, for most of the 35 or so years of the internet, top posting,
>  or bottom posting, has been considered impolite, that what one should
>  do is trim away anything not relevent and reply in context.

More specifically, after trimming the cruft one should reply directly
below the quoted text.  Traditionally speaking.  Some lists are
particular about this.  This one seems to be all over the place.  I
try to reply below, but if I'm chiming in after 4 or 5 zillion other
people have mangled the thread I'll just put the reply wherever it's
convenient and hope everyone finds it.  Thank the gods Doug doesn't
allow HTML mail.

As for indents on quoted text, some people
<coughsputtercough>Marnie<hackcoughcough> don't have indents at all.
;)

--
Scott Loveless
Cigarette-free since December 14th, 2008