Hi Dan,

IMO, the PZ-1p is a real sleeper of a camera.  It was never pushed by most
camera salesman.  It basically had all the specs of an N8008s when it came
out, + a built-in flash.  It still is close to $750 < a N90s with a flash.
The light up LCD is great at night, just wish you could toggle it on & off
with one button push, instead of needing to push two buttons for a 20 sec?
on-time.

Even though some have not liked it's looks, I have always thought it was
nice looking and while many don't like it's brickiness, it only takes a
couple of times out with it to fall in love with the ergonomics.

I haven't held the MZ-S, but I have never held a camera that felt better in
the hand than a PZ-1p.

The AF has not failed to live up to my expectations.  I never expect it to
work perfectly in ALL conditions.  I expect it to work correctly most of the
time and that it has done.  When using MF lenses, the focus confirmation is
a NICE feature.

Lot's and lots of other nice things like the Hyper-program modes.  Two sec
mirror lockup, IF button.

To use it is to love it.

Tom C.