*Sometimes* an incident meter will work well for landscapes.  There are
too many variables to make such a blanket statement.  If the contrast
range of the scene is too great for the film, you'll never know it by
using an incident meter.  Nor can you get an accurate reading if you're
standing in a light that's different than that of the subject.  Only a
spot meter will be able to provide accurate readings in such situations.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]