Tom Rittenhouse wrote:

> Well, Paul, the exact same sun was shining on that mountain as was shining
> on you. Is that not correct?

No, it wasn't. I was shaded by the peak of Mammoth Mountain. The Minaret's were
getting the rising sun. And I was trying to get a moonlight effect, so I was
using the spotmeter to put the sunlit portions of the Minaret range in zone 4
or thereabouts.
   My point is that I had an application here where the spotmeter was very
valuable. But I agree that the incident meter is a good tool for almost all
situations. But there are a few exceptions. As Shel noted, one exception is
where the subject's lighting is different thatn what you can reasonably measure
from camera position. I'm sure you agree with this.