Your guess is as good as mine, I'll wager....

On Mar 11, 2009, at 10:14 , Bruce Dayton wrote:

No, what they are doing is ensuring that they have inventory to sell,
by decreasing demand.

-- Best regards,
Bruce

Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 9:40:49 AM, you wrote:

JM> On Mar 11, 2009, at 06:17 , Frits Wüthrich wrote:

Apparently Pentax increased the prices with 15% lately. This is in
line with other price increases from the Japanese industry to
compensate for the lower demand because of the current economy.

JM> Brilliant marketing strategy.

JM> The economy tanks - people can't afford as much discretionary spending
JM> - so let's raise our prices so fewer products will sell.

JM> Joseph McAllister
JM> Pentaxian

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com