Tom wrote:

> I CAN tell you where all those functions are without using my manual.   And
> I think it's pretty intuitive to boot.

I'm not denying that anyone can learn to master the complicated equipment. I have no
problems with preferences either. But the statement that the Z-1p is more easier and
more intuitive to use is simply false. Theres no way anyone new to the Z-1p knows
where the aperture ring is, where the shutterspeed dial is, which way to turn them,
where the self timer is etc. ON the MZ-S these things are self evident. Theres no
learning curve involved. Also the MZ-S let you set all features you can with the Z-1p
with the eye to the viewfinder. In addition, the MZ-S let you set features at a breeze
with the eye to the viewfinders that is impossible to do with the Z-1p. This include
changing exposure mode, changing drive mode, checking depth of field with the lens on
"A", selecting AF point. In addition, all these features are readibly accessible when
the MZ-S is on a tripod as well.

> It sounds like you didn't really use it enough.

You're right. To have to use it a lot or read the manual on a daily basis. Not so with
the MZ-S.

> Sure it can be intimidating to a new user.  I suspect no less so than a
> MZ-S.  If you want complexity in a device, there will be added complexity in
> the user interface.  You can't have it both ways.  It almost never works
> that way.

But it works with the MZ-S

> The reason the aperture was set on the back dial not the front is BECAUSE
> THEY DIDN'T DESIGN IT SOLELY FOR YOU PAL.
>
> I swear to God, if they had, you would complain that the aperture dial was
> not on the back.

The reason I wanted it on the front is because the back wheel is located where the
shutterspeed dial always was. Seems more intuitive to me. In addition, this is how
Nikon did it and I don't think they designed cameras for me either. I also always
poked my eyes when using the bak wheel on my Z-1p.

I hav eno problem that some people prefer the Z-1p.

Pål