From: Marnie
In a message dated 3/29/2009 7:34:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, jsessoms...@nc.rr.com writes: I've been looking for the owl I heard earlier this month, trying to get some idea of its habits. Yesterday, I spotted it on the nest I thought it might use, and came back today with my camera:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/3396685627/

K10D,  Sigma 300 2.8 + Sigma APO 1.4x tele-converter, on a tripod ...
ISO 400 (I  think)

The image is a bit soft. I've noticed that whenever I use the 1.4x converter, even though it's supposed to be matched to the lens.

It just kills me. Some guy came along with a Nikon D200 & 200 mm Nikon IS lens and chimping what he got looked a whole lot sharper than what I got.

But ... it's what I got.

=========
Bird are hard and  long glass is very expensive. It's what you got. Try again?

BTW, I really  like  this.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/3217697139/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Artified,  I do that, I like artified. That's very, very nice.

Marnie aka Doe :-)

Thank you. That's my homage to Bob Timberlake.

BTW, that's 1/4 inch of snow that snarled traffic in Raleigh for 12 hours or more.

It all started when the school system panicked and announced they were closing at noon. Everyone left work early to get home before the kids got there.

The upshot was that many schools ended up keeping kids over-night because the school busses couldn't get through to take them home.

... and I spent the day down at the beach playing with my "new" Bronica ETRS. Took this shot the next morning from the side of a back road near where my mama lived, up north of Durham NC.

Cracks me up every time I look at that photo.