In a message dated 3/29/2009 7:34:48 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
jsessoms...@nc.rr.com writes:
I've been looking for  the owl I heard earlier this month, trying to get
some idea of its habits.  Yesterday, I spotted it on the nest I thought
it might use, and came back  today with my  camera:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/3396685627/

K10D,  Sigma 300 2.8 + Sigma APO 1.4x tele-converter, on a tripod ...
ISO 400 (I  think)

The image is a bit soft. I've noticed that whenever I use the 1.4x
converter, even though it's supposed to be matched to the lens.

It  just kills me. Some guy came along with a Nikon D200 & 200 mm Nikon
IS  lens and chimping what he got looked a whole lot sharper than what I
got.

But ... it's what I got.

=========
Bird are hard and  long glass is very expensive. It's what you got. Try again?

BTW, I really  like  this.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/3217697139/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Artified,  I do that, I like artified. That's very, very nice.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make meals for Under
$10. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000002)