Well, I like it, and don't mind said softness. Just as minor question, since you happened to downsize it anyway, what's the difference between some shot with the 1.4 and another without the 1.4 but cropped to the same image? Did that often in the film age, when I realized my vivitar 2x was just not good enough... and Ektar 25 was available.

LF

John Sessoms escreveu:
I've been looking for the owl I heard earlier this month, trying to get some idea of its habits. Yesterday, I spotted it on the nest I thought it might use, and came back today with my camera:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/3396685627/

K10D, Sigma 300 2.8 + Sigma APO 1.4x tele-converter, on a tripod ...
ISO 400 (I think)

The image is a bit soft. I've noticed that whenever I use the 1.4x converter, even though it's supposed to be matched to the lens.

It just kills me. Some guy came along with a Nikon D200 & 200 mm Nikon IS lens and chimping what he got looked a whole lot sharper than what I got.

But ... it's what I got.

Luiz Felipe
luiz.felipe at techmit.com.br
http://techmit.com.br/luizfelipe/