From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Joseph McAllister
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 2:19 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Trading resolution for depth of field

Problems....

On Apr 7, 2009, at 06:17 , JC OConnell wrote:

> I don't agree with that terminology, it's his not mine.

Primary non-scientific statement indicating prejudicial thought.

> DOF is relative sharpness

Another indication of slurred thought from one who espouses
pointillist correctness.

> of foreground and background
> objects in an image compared to the objects in the plane
> of focus. ( just my working terminology FWIW).

And an admission that what JCO thinks or does only relates to JCO.

The rest of us can go on about our business of taking pictures.

Joseph McAllister
Lots of gear, not much time

http://gallery.me.com/jomac
http://web.me.com/jomac/show.me/Blog/Blog.html