2009/4/16  <eactiv...@aol.com>:
> Hmmm.
> And your  point?
> Jostein
>
> ============
> It isn't peacetime, that's  all.
>
> I don't think war time justifies getting rid of personal liberties,  but
> your statement was inaccurate. At least for the US, which is where the bill
> is.

All NATO countries are involved in one of those wars together, though.
For the other one the bill is yours, that's true.

AFAIK, there hasn't been a single day of global peace in the last five
centuries or thereabouts, so there's always a measure of inaccuracy to
my statement. I mentioned _global_ war further down in my post, btw. A
conflict on the scale of WW2 was what I had in mind.

So it's on that background I'm a bit puzzled as to why this (legal)
bill emerges now. It made me wonder if someone, somewhere, perceive
the current situation much more threatening (to the US) than I do from
up here in the Frostpit...

Cheers,
Jostein

--