I think you're correct. But it may well be the cautious attitude of the government that has kept us safe thus far. 9/11 was much more difficult to pull off than a suitcase of anthrax, yet it was accomplished.

I also find it interesting that Obama preached openness and understanding in his campaign. But once he became privy to daily security briefings, his opinions on a lot of matters seemed to change sharply.

It's a frightening world out there. Paranoia can be a lifesaver. This reminds me of an old seventies poster headline: "The fact that you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't out to get you."