An A lens doesn't have any way of reporting the focal length - that's
done over the digital signal pin, and only came in with the KAF mount.

The K20D has to have focal length input set manually.  If it's the
same as the K10D, though, it might not ask if you change lenses
without turning the camera off and turning it on again with the A
lens mounted (I occasionally make that mistake when I'm using the
1.7x AF adapter with my A* 300).