Thanks everyone for all your well-wishes, advice, complements, and
interesting comments.  I hope to run out and start photographing soon,
the entire base is surrounded by lovely woods - like your photo Rick,
which is lovely - and I can see a castle tower from my backyard.  We
have already enjoyed our first beer fest - they set it up right on the
base within walking (ok, stumbling) distance from our home.

I hope everyone enjoys GFM this year - I'm coming next year,
regardless of the time change....

Also, if anyone finds themselves nearby, let me know, I crave some
time with someone who understands why I own more than one camera and
lens :)

rg2

--
All knowledge has value.