-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rob Studdert
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 5:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: lens value: a workable definition (dollar per photograph)?

On 2 Jan 2002 at 8:11, Paul F. Stregevsky wrote:

> By conventional thinking, a lens that is 80 percent as good as another at
> 50 percent of the price is a better value. I propose an alternative
> definition of value: cost per photograph taken. By this definition, the
> cheapest lens nearly always must win.

Paul,

Your equation doesn't work for me. Some of us are just prepared to sacrifice
bit more and buy the best available in order to provide the optimum
potential
(in the given format). I never want to be wishing I'd shot "that" shot with
better lens.

Cheers,
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA