On Saturday, January 5, 2002, at 03:19  AM, Flavio Minelli wrote:

>  Did you ever wonder why there are
> so many used Sigma 28-105/2.8 for sale? That one is real crap and the
> fast (relativeley) aperture is just bait...

I totally agree.  My SMC-M 28mm f2.8 (which is the worst lens I own in
my estimation) easily outperforms it.  In fact, the only lens that I've
used that I would consider worse than it at 28mm is the Pentax 28-200
(though we might have had a bad sample -- when I was working at Sterling
we ended up sending the one we had in the store back to Pentax after
doing a lens test).

Brendan can tell you about the Sigma 28-105 f2.8-4.  He bought one (from
me) against my recommendation...and whaddaya think about it, Brendan?  :)

-Aaron