On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 06:08:58AM -0400, David J Brooks wrote:
> So i finally made it to a Future shop and picked up an external HD to
> use as my LR back up drive.
>
> I managed to get my catalogue backed up, at least i think i have them
> all, it did not ask that question.

Silly question, but:  are you sure you've backed up the *images*, as
well as the catalogue?  It's best to be sure that you have done that
before you actually delete any of the images from the disk.

Bear in mind, too, that if you've only got the images copied to one
external drive, then as soon as you delete them from your hard drive
you no longer have a backup of those images.  If your external drive
goes bad you've lost those images for ever.  You should really get a
second external drive as well, and keep a redundant copy.