Doug Brewer wrote:

dammit, we need to send smarter people to GFM.

I've been shooting with this camera almost every day for the last month and I have yet to see this as an issue worth getting upset about. In Sel mode you push the OK button and use the D-pad to move the focus points. Very simple. Any deviation from that has been due to my own fumble fingers or more likely my wandering off from the task at hand.

I won't disagree with what Bill experienced; the camera does do that (except maybe for reverting to default for spite) but I think I've just become accustomed to hitting the OK button after I've been doing something other than moving the focus point, and I agree that a custom option that locks in the D-pad when you turn the indicator to SEL would be a good thing, in practice I've just not seen it as that big a deal.

Doug and others, I apologize if anyone will feel offended by my words. That was not my intention for sure.

However, I've had the impression that someone on this list didn't realize how annoying a function which reverts to something else (at the camera's will) can be. OK, apparently the way you use the camera doesn't make it a problem. I'm fine with that, but can you acknowledge it is not an improvement over the previous operating standard? For me and the way I use the camera, it was a plain mess and I'm glad Pentax is acknowledging and fixing that. Period.

Again, I apologize for my words, if perceived as not respectful enough.

Cheers,

Dario