----- Original Message ----- From: "paul stenquist"
Subject: Re: The K-7 in the Studio.

It's a critical issue for me as well. I work the focus point selection continuously, and I occasionally check my histograms. I want to have focal point selection available all the time. My K7 arrives Thursday or Friday, so I'll have to see if I can cope. I may have to continue using the K20D until the fix becomes available. Although I've found that I can generally get used to camera inconveniences.

It is one more thing to watch for. There is an icon in the finder that lights up when the camera is in AF point selection mode, so it is quite easy to see if the camera has gone back to it's default. By the end of my shoot I pretty much had it cased. Unfortunately, there are too many things that can make the camera go back to it's default setting. I wouldn't hesitate to use the K-7 on a shoot, but be aware that there are a few quirks.

William Robb