2009/7/29 Ralf R. Radermacher <fotor...@gmx.de>:
> After using a K10D for a few years I find that the colours I'm getting
> from my new K-7 are a trifle odd, to put it mildly.
>
> Particularly my sky colours now look like 1950's bathroom tiles. Some
> awful cyanish cast that I have only had with the K10D in severely
> overexposed shots. Grey sky comes out with a distinct blueish cast.
>
> I'm shooting RAW and talking about what I get to see when I open the RAW
> files in Lightroom, with the same settings and exactly the same way I've
> done with my K10D files before.
>
> The camera is set to AWB, just like the K10D, as well. Colours space in
> both cases is Adobe RGB.
>
> Any suggestions?

If you're capturing RAW format, whether DNG or PEF, color space
setting in the camera is irrelevant.

The issue is a camera calibration issue. Nothing to do with the
technology of the sensor, or everything depending upon how you want to
look at it.. but the difference between CMOS and CCD is not relevant.

The issue is that Lightroom does not have any calibration tables for
the K7 as yet, AFAIK. So the thing to do is get the DNG Profile
Editor, shoot a couple of controlled tests with a Macbeth Color
Checker or equivalent, and create a good calibration profile for it.
Install that as the default to use when processing K7 RAW files and
your colors should be accurate.

--
Godfrey
  www.gdgphoto.com