Rob and Doug

Thanks again - more good into but I am starting to get a bit lost when
it comes to RAIDs stripes and mirrors - wikipedia helped me out a
little but as you can tell I am pretty dense on this stuff.

I have to work within the Universities workstation platform so can't
custom build any old thing.

So CPU's options start with Pentium  Dual 2.6 GHz 2MB cache, then Core
2 Duo processor 2.8 with 3MB cache, then move into the Quad systems. I
take it then that a Duo would be ok

4GB RAM is allowed

Hard drives specified are Seagate SATA 3G units of varying sizes with
varying sized caches.

There are a variety of graphics cards offered from the base Intel
Dual DVI controller to ASUS and PNY Quadro cards with a whole lot of
acronyms I don't understand.  If I get two of the Dell 22" Monitors I
found yesterday - what do I need to look for in the card?>

No mention of including a RAID scheme in the specs

Sorry for being uninformed on all this stuff!

Alastair