AFAIK, most today's video cards are capable of driving dual monitors.
You don't really need dual DVI outputs, - you can get
two monitors attached to one video card using a DVI splitter that
you can buy for ~$5-7 on monoprice.com.

Igor

Sat Aug 8 23:32:50 CDT 2009
Graydon wrote:

On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 04:04:12PM +1200, Alastair Robertson scripsit:
> There are a variety of graphics cards offered from the base Intel
> Dual DVI controller to ASUS and PNY Quadro cards with a whole lot of
> acronyms I don't understand.  If I get two of the Dell 22" Monitors I
> found yesterday - what do I need to look for in the card?>

Dual DVI outputs!  Does you no good to have two monitors if the card
can't drive them both.

You don't care -- for LCD flat panels -- if it's DVI-D or DVI-I; you
don't want DVI-A.  (A is for "analog". :)

Generally speaking, you want a fairly good card to drive a pair of 22"
monitors; this does *not* include the Intel.  If you were in the US, I'd
expect you want the 200 USD price point, rather than the 139 USD price
point.

-- Graydon