On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Doug Franklin<jehosep...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> AlunFoto wrote:
>
>> And I've turned off the User Control and elevated my regular account
>> to Administrator level.
>
> From a security perspective, that's a bad idea.  UAC may be annoying, but
> it's there to help save you from Windows' "ease of use" features when
> exploited by the bad guys.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> DougF (KG4LMZ)

Actually, UAC is very counterproductive and of little use from a
security standpoint as it simply trains users to always click OK. Turn
UAC off and you will see essentially no added risk.

If you want something approaching actual security, turn UAC off and
don't work from a Adminstrator account.

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca