On Aug 17, 2009, at 16:25 , Doug Franklin wrote:

Adam Maas wrote:

If you want something approaching actual security, turn UAC off and
don't work from a Adminstrator account.

Duh, I missed the part about elevating to Administrator ... that's a /really/ bad idea. I understand what you're saying about UAC and training, but UAC does help if you fight the urge to "just click OK". As with many security issues, the final effort must be made by ..............the individual.

Who, in many instances, has no idea why they are clicking 'OK', thereby negating that security feature.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

There is no off position to the genius switch.
Genius can, however, be observed as insanity.