2009/8/18 Doug Franklin <jehosep...@mindspring.com>:
> From a security perspective, that's a bad idea.  UAC may be annoying, but
> it's there to help save you from Windows' "ease of use" features when
> exploited by the bad guys.

The real question is whether UAC is good enough to deserve the faith
you place in it.

When using an updated antivirus program and a restrictive firewall,
there's not much that can enter your computer without the user's
conscent. I agree with Adam that it easily becomes just another of
those "are you sure" -questions. Microsoft has attempted to build
security for people who know nothing about the threats but everything
about convenience. That's a tricky task. As it stands, UAC seems
nothing more than stating questions about decisions I'm already
conscious about as an advanced PC user. That's annoyance, not
security.

Using admin level for ordinary work is probably unnecessary but old
habits are hard to break. But then again I have my old machine for
computer games and other more speculative stuff, like accounting
software and email. :-)

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/