8 1/2 x 11 is becoming a standard, I think, because of the printing papers .. not sure about the others

ann

Igor Roshchin wrote:

Yesterday, I had a chance of looking at frames (for photos and pictures)
being sold at Ikea.
While I found a few that were of more standard sizes (4"x6", 5"x7",
6"x6", 8"x10"), I saw quite a few of very unusual sizes, e.g.
8-1/2" - 11" (or 11-1/2" ?), 9"x9", 11"x19", etc.

Usually, at stores like Aaron Brothers, Michaels, - they carry only
the "most standard" sizes (especially Michaels), so that even 8"x12" is
hard to find.
The only logical explanation that I could think of in the case of Ikea
was that they also have pictures they sell, and they match those
sizes, - so they don't want you to use these frames for anything else...
But I am still puzzled - why?

Any ideas?

Igor