Tue Aug 18 13:58:05 CDT 2009
Adam Maas wrote:

> 8.5x11 is a standard paper size, I'd expect that 11x19 was more likely
> either 11x17 or 13x19 (both common paper sizes). The advent of inkjet
> printing has changed default print sizes for many but the traditional
> stores have not caught up with their stock.

Oops.. yes, as for 8.5x11, it's my mental block.. for some reason
I was looking at it yesterday, and thought that it was 0.5-1" too narrow
for the letter size.. I was too tired yesterday.

There were however some other sizes that struck me as odd.
(see below)

Tue Aug 18 15:13:13 CDT 2009
AlunFoto wrote:

> Ikea carries a lot of odd sizes over here too. The square ones are
> pretty much the same, I guess, but it would be interesting to know if
> the rectangular ones are "adapted" to american paper formats.

> While I found a few that were of more standard sizes (4"x6", 5"x7",
> 6"x6", 8"x10")
These sizes are close to the "stanard" European ones (10x15cm, ~
13x18cm, 15x15 cm, except, maybe the last one: 20x25cm.

There were a few sizes like 3"-and-a-fraction x 5"-and-a-fraction,
(as opposed to a straight 3"x5"),
~9"x14" (~23cm x 28cm), 9"x9" (~23x23cm)

The larger sizes were some standard (~13"x19") and non-standard,
(I don't remember all of them)
IIRC, very few of the large sizes were in 2:3 format.

Cheers,

Igor