Miserere wrote:
2009/8/28 Mark Roberts <m...@robertstech.com>:
In June at GFM I said I expected full-frame to hit the $2000 price
point in 2010. Seems I was off the mark a bit. This means we might see
full-frame at actual street prices around $1500 by next summer.

Exactly, which makes me wonder if Pentax can justify asking $1,300
for their next flagship APS-C camera. And if they can't, then will
they get enough financial ROI by selling them below $1k from launch?

 --M.
I don't know, Cannon seems to think if they pack enough MP into their 1.6x crop sensor they can command $1700US for one. Sure it has specifications out the wazoo*, but when you come down to it it's noise characteristics will be a lot like the K20D/K-7 at high ISO, unless they've repealed some of the laws of physics.

http://www.1001noisycameras.com/2009/09/canon-7d.html

* I'm not sure what a wazoo is but Canon probably has one.

--

The free man owns himself. He can damage himself with either eating or
drinking; he can ruin himself with gambling. If he does he is certainly a damn

        --G. K. Chesterton