Marnie -

I agree with you in general, but it just falls under the catch-all of
misuse.  You'll never find a warranty that lists everything
specifically.

Back in the stone age of the audio repair shop, we had a fellow that
brought in a cassette player that didn't work.  We found the cassette
player jammed with the bodies of about 50 box elder bugs.  A short
conversation with him turned up the info that he didn't have window
screens but like keeping his windows open for circulation.

We fixed it, but it wasn't covered under the warranty.

I can't begin to count the number of hot wheels cars we took out of
cassette players and VCRs.  That slot must look like a garage to 3
year old kids.

Most of the time, we would go out of our way to bend the rules in
favor of the customer.  But sometimes you just can't.

gs

--
George Sinos