From: George Sinos
I agree with you in general, but it just falls under the catch-all of
misuse.  You'll never find a warranty that lists everything
specifically.

Seems to me though that they're using the catch-all to deny warranty service in situations where they failed to design the system to work in the real world.

Most purchasers won't have control over whether other people smoke around them, even in California. Not if they ever want to actually use their portable computer as a portable computer.