paul stenquist wrote:

>I've also experienced only good tech support and warranty service from Apple.
>That's why I doubt the veracity of these tales. Yes, they came from three
>parts
>of the country. But they could still be from one misguided soul.

Wow. That's way too paranoid for me! Unless I have some specific
evidence to the contrary, I'll take the reports at face value.

Personally, I agree with invalidating the warranty of badly
tobacco-contaminated machines, but because smoking is a relatively
common (and legal) practice, it's pretty sleazy not to specifically
mention it in the warranty.

This story is working its way around the net and it'll be interesting
to see what explanation Apple comes up with (or if they just maintain
the deafening silence on the issue).