----- Original Message ----- From: "Graydon"
Subject: Re: Dream Lens

I agree about the "not competitive" part and the "doesn't have Sony's
money" part, but I have my serious doubts about the "reasons of
prestige" part.  I'm not sure they can not have a full frame camera at
the sub-5kUSD price point and remain credible in Japan at this point.

Call me crazy, but I think they can get away with skipping 24x36 format entirely.
From a credibility standpoint, it's not a bad flagship, and it's not like
they are ever going to beat up the guys who are making 24x36 format cameras.
The 645 seriously trumps 35mm full frame, and is about the best thing Pentax can do to sway the full frame camera users or potential buyers into looking at Pentax seriously.
I think they'll do fine with it.

William Robb