Very well said Boris.  I tend to agree with this.  The biggest reason
for Pentax is the glass.  The only time to buy 3rd party is when
there is not an equivalent Pentax lens.  The focal lengths you are
looking for are covered by Pentax, so I would go with one of those
suggestions.  If you buy a new K-x, spend the tiny bit more for the
kit lens.  That will get you down to 18mm if/when you really need it.
Then it sounds like the 21 and 70 might be the two for you.

I will vouch for the 16-45 - It is quite a find performer for the
money.  If you want samples, I can provide you with some.

--
Best regards,
Bruce