Bruce Dayton wrote:
Very well said Boris.  I tend to agree with this.  The biggest reason
for Pentax is the glass.  The only time to buy 3rd party is when
there is not an equivalent Pentax lens.

There's plenty of glass around where Pentax just added the label to it.
There's plenty of glass around which is not named Pentax, but may provide excellent results on the K-x. And Pentax once offered very good glass for very reasonable price - but the price advantage seems to be gone by now.

So I do feel that any lense is justified to be used on a suitable Pentax body, while there may be much worse combinations of certain Pentax optics and bodies - and although Pentax does offer the major compatibility between former and now, Pentax and Non-Pentax, there's plenty of incomplete support between original Pentax lenses and body.

Concerning the support itself: from the European point of view it's an argument against Pentax by now.

- Martin